Garry Lee, Middle School Coordinator
Telephone: 470-695-7733, (email)
Parent RCIC Parent Information 2019 – 2020 – Update #2
Hello RCIC Parents,
I am sending you this email to ensure that everyone understands the RCIC program and what the requirements are so you are able to guide your children/teens through the program. Below are the important mile stones that everyone needs to understand.
- All RCIC children/teens need to attend the regular faith formation program for their grade level. They will need to meet the program requirements including attendance.
- All RCIC students need to attend the special Sacrament classes on Sundays, at 3:00PM. They are allowed to miss one sacrament class and still will be able to progress to the next level in the program.
- One parent is required to attend each special sacrament class with their RCIC student.
- All RCIC students need to pick up their homework every Sunday from 6:30-8:00PM from me in the hospitality room. If this causes inconvenience parents need to call or contact me at the church.
- All homework, tests and projects need to be completed and turned in by the due date.
- The RCIC student will need to explain what each sacrament is, what graces they receive and why they want to receive the sacrament. Parents will need to commit that they will take their RCIC students to church and have them participate in the sacraments being received.
- The RCIC Student will need to state the seven basic prayers before they receive the sacraments they want to receive.
- I recommend that parents check the status/progress of the RCIC student on a regular basis.
- Must attend any sacramental practices that are required.
That is it. Feel free to contact me at the Good Shepherd Catholic church.
Garry M. Lee
Faith Formation and Discipleship – Middle School Coordinator
The Church of the Good Shepherd
3740 Holtzclaw Road
Cumming, GA 30041