You are receiving this email because you have children in the RCIC program at Good Shepherd. Let me welcome you and your child to our program and with your support and effort your child will understand the beautiful sacraments that they are receiving in 2020 or 2021. Below are several items that you need to be aware of.
- We had a parent orientation meeting this past Sunday to explain the requirements of the program. The parent hand out is attached for your review.
- RCIC classes for 1st year students start this Sunday, August 25th at 3:00PM in room 306. The class will end around 4:30PM and one parent must attend these special sacrament classes. Please refer to the attached schedule for dates of classes. The child/parent must attend all of these classes since they cover specific information in the class.
- Your child must attend their regular Faith Formation program in addition to these special classes. They can only miss 4 faith formation classes in each school year.
- Home work must be picked up each Sunday in the hospitality room after the 5:30PM Mass. The homework must be neat and complete for it to be accepted.
- Each group, 1st year and 2nd year students will be given two tests to ascertain the child’s understanding of the material covered.
- All children need to be able to say the eight basic prayers before they go to reconciliation. Prayer list is attached.
- All items must be turned in by the due date in order for your child to make their sacraments in 2020 or move up to year 2 status.
That is it for now. Have a great week
Garry M. Lee
Faith Formation and Discipleship – Middle School Coordinator
The Church of the Good Shepherd
3740 Holtzclaw Road, Cumming, GA 30041
email@example.com or via telephone 470-695-7733
MS RCIC Calendar 2019-2020
RCIC Parent Information
MS Prayer List