Garry Lee, Middle School Coordinator
Telephone: 470-695-7733, (email)
Hope all of you had a Merry Christmas and hope you will have a great New Year. This email will cover items that parents of 1st year and 2nd year students need to know. Please remember that you are the primary educators and are responsible to ensure your children/teen completes all aspects of the RCIC program so they can move up to year 2 or make their sacraments this year.
- First year students should have completed three of the special reconciliation classes, completed all homework, tests and projects in a satisfactory manner.There are several students missing homework or have homework that will/has been returned to them. If the answers are missing or incomplete from their assignments they must redo it. In addition they must attend their regular grade appropriate Faith Formation classes. They can only miss 5 classes and still be eligible to move up to year two.
- Our first special Eucharist class is scheduled for Sunday, January 28th for all second year students. The parent that is responsible for their child/teen Faith Formation at home must attend with their child/teen. We start at 3:00PM in room 306 and end at around 4:30PM. These classes are mandatory.
- The teens will be asked several questions at the end of the course about the sacrament that they covered.The ultimate goal is to ensure each RCIC student understands the sacrament they are planning to receive.
- Please work with your child/teens on their prayers.There are several students that don’t know the basic prayers of our faith. Please work with them daily by praying with them. They need to memorize them and be able to say them when asked.
- I ask each of you to get active in your child/teens faith formation so they develop a strong relationship with God.If they have a great relationship with God they will have a strong foundation to build their life on. Your teens look at what you do and determine what they will do themselves. If you want them to make their 1st Eucharist you need to go to church and received the Eucharist yourself so they can see you are practicing your faith!
- I request that each parent contact me in January so we can discuss the status of your child/teen in the RCIC program.Remember you are the primary educator of your child/teens faith. We are here to help you do that job.
That is it. As always, if you have any questions please contact me by phone or email.
Garry M. Lee
Faith Formation and Discipleship – Middle School Coordinator
The Church of the Good Shepherd
3740 Holtzclaw Road
Cumming, GA 30041